[Pdns-users] pdns 4.0 - domain notifcation (master which is not a master)

Bit World Computing - Michael Mertel michael.mertel at bwc.de
Mon Jun 13 05:47:22 UTC 2016

Hello,

finally I replaced an ancient pdns 2.x with a 4.0 and found a weird combination of log messages.

- 1 domain for which we are master needs notifications
- Received NOTIFY for bwc.de. from 81.209.129.225 which is not a master

I’am using the gmysql backend, and the zone bwc.de is listed as type=master in the domains table.

Any idea what I’am doing wrong here.

After writing these lines I had a deja vu:
https://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2007-May/004568.html

Can’t recall if this ever got figured out.

Thanks and best regards.

—Michael