[Pdns-users] Generating PTR Records for IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses on the fly

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Fri Jun 3 15:15:29 UTC 2022

We use the API to do this. Wouldn't that work regardless of which backend
is being used?

For IPv6, you could break your zone up at some nibble boundaries (/56) and
have zones. We're using a /32 broken in to /48 zones and it's fine for us.

We're using python and this module -
https://github.com/outini/python-powerdns

--Chris