[Pdns-users] How to make Authoritative work?

frank+pdns at tembo.be frank+pdns at tembo.be
Mon Jan 10 07:33:49 UTC 2022

Hi,

Could you please paste the full configuration (pdns.conf) and the entries in the database?

In particular, the things to look at would be: type of domain set, backend config, ...

On top of that, can you run `pdnsutil check-zone` on the zone and paste the output?

Frank

> On 9 Jan 2022, at 23:23, jrd via Pdns-users <pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all.  I know this is a bit of a newbie question, but it seems to be
> stumping me.
>
> I've just set up a new pdns server.  pdns 4.5.1.  I populated its DB
> with a bunch of test records.  I gave it an SOA saying it's the
> authority for my zone.  Made sure the hostname and IP address match
> the local configuration of the machine.
>
> When I query it with (for instance) dig, it returns all the correct
> data, for the SOA or any other of my test records, but it doesn't set
> the AA bit.
>
> What are the criteria which have to be met, in order for pdns to say
> "Yep, I'm the authority for this domain" ?
>
> TIA . . .

Frank Louwers
PowerDNS Certified Consultant @ Kiwazo.be