[Pdns-users] How to make Authoritative work?

jrd-pdns at jrd.org jrd-pdns at jrd.org
Sun Jan 9 22:23:40 UTC 2022

Hi all.  I know this is a bit of a newbie question, but it seems to be
stumping me.

I've just set up a new pdns server.  pdns 4.5.1.  I populated its DB
with a bunch of test records.  I gave it an SOA saying it's the
authority for my zone.  Made sure the hostname and IP address match
the local configuration of the machine.

When I query it with (for instance) dig, it returns all the correct
data, for the SOA or any other of my test records, but it doesn't set
the AA bit.

What are the criteria which have to be met, in order for pdns to say
"Yep, I'm the authority for this domain" ?

TIA . . .