[Pdns-users] How to make Authoritative work?

jrd-pdns at jrd.org jrd-pdns at jrd.org
Mon Jan 17 13:01:19 UTC 2022

Bump.  Anybody?

If it's in the docs and I missed it, please point me in the right
direction.  TIA . . .

    From: jrd-pdns at jrd.org
    Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:23:40 -0500

    Hi all.  I know this is a bit of a newbie question, but it seems to be
    stumping me.

    I've just set up a new pdns server.  pdns 4.5.1.  I populated its DB
    with a bunch of test records.  I gave it an SOA saying it's the
    authority for my zone.  Made sure the hostname and IP address match
    the local configuration of the machine.

    When I query it with (for instance) dig, it returns all the correct
    data, for the SOA or any other of my test records, but it doesn't set
    the AA bit.

    What are the criteria which have to be met, in order for pdns to say
    "Yep, I'm the authority for this domain" ?

    TIA . . .