[Pdns-users] Recursor address in Dnstap messages

Hans Seidel hseidel at benocs.com
Fri Mar 19 09:08:00 UTC 2021

Hello,

we are using the message logging via Dnstap of the PowerDNS Recursor
(version 4.4.2). Since we have several instances that send us log
messages, we want to distinguish the different instances via their IP
address.  I assumed that recursors IP address is set in the
query_address field of the Dnstap massage but it is not set at all.
Unfortunately we do not see the IP addresses of the recursors since we
do not have a direct connection but get the messages relayed by an
intermediary system.

Is there an option to set/add the recursor IP address to the Dnstap
messages?

Thanks,
Hans