[Pdns-users] pdns server api access leads to "Internal Server Error"

Nico CARTRON nicolas at ncartron.org
Tue May 7 15:00:52 UTC 2019

Hi Tobi,

On 07-May-2019 16:49 CEST, <jahlives at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I have an application which access the pdns server via the api
> interface. I'm using pdns 4.1.8 on a CentOS 7 with latest updates. pdns
> runs with mysql backend on mariadb.
>
> All except one api query work as expected but when I fire such a query
>
> curl -X GET -H 'X-API-Key: MY_API'
> http://127.0.0.1:8081/api/v1/servers/localhost/zones/mydomain.tld
>
> I get a http 500 "Internal Server Error" message. Like said it's the
> only query that fails. Any other for example
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8081/api/v1/servers/localhost/zones
>
> lists the zones available without any problem.
>
> The documentation on
> https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/http-api/zone.html specifies this
> endpoint as valid
>
> > GET /servers/{server_id}/zones/{zone_id}
>
> Anyone an idea what goes wrong here?
> Can I somehow enable debug of the api part of pdns?

It works fine for me, also on a 4.1.8 Auth configuration.

Could you paste your pdns.conf, as well as the output from the listing of all
zones from the API? (just a single zone will be enough)
Please do not obfuscate it [1]

[1] https://blog.powerdns.com/2016/01/18/open-source-support-out-in-the-open/

Cheers,

--