[Pdns-users] Question about PDNS SOA presentation.

Michael Van Der Beek michael.van at antlabs.com
Thu Mar 7 03:48:52 UTC 2019

Hi Frank,

Currently not using dnsdist.. just installed that in case I want to try special splitting of traffic.

Currently
Pdns Auth (72.14.187.43:53) -> Recursor (127.0.0.1:53)

Yes I know, I know eventually need to change config so that Auth is standalone and not forward recursion traffic to recursor. Traffic is not high so not really urgent at the moment.

So currently querying my server is direct to PdnsAuth not going through the recursor (which is for recursion traffic).

Eventually, when traffic goes high, will use dnsdist to load balance multiple Auths and recursors.
That is why I installed dnsdist as an eventual progression.

Regards,

Michael