[Pdns-users] Question about PDNS SOA presentation.

frank+pdns at tembo.be frank+pdns at tembo.be
Thu Mar 7 07:31:40 UTC 2019

Hi Michael,

> On 7 Mar 2019, at 04:48, Michael Van Der Beek <michael.van at antlabs.com <mailto:michael.van at antlabs.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> Currently not using dnsdist.. just installed that in case I want to try special splitting of traffic.
>
> Currently
> Pdns Auth (72.14.187.43:53) -> Recursor (127.0.0.1:53)

Can you disable the connection to the recursor and see what happens? Do you get different answers, no answers, …?

> Eventually, when traffic goes high, will use dnsdist to load balance multiple Auths and recursors.

The first thing you’d need to do, is separate the auth from the recursor. Even with dnsdist, it’s best to completely separate the dnsdist-for-recursors from the dnsdist-for-auth.

Regards,

Frank