[Pdns-users] PDNS AUTH GeoIP BACKEND with Maxminf MMDB files

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Fri Sep 21 07:10:20 UTC 2018

Hello David,

On 9/20/18 7:29 PM, David REYNAUD wrote:
> To use Maxming GeopIP2 database (MMDB files), we must use PowerDNS Auth.
> 4.2 version
>
> Found here : https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/backends/geoip.html
>
> But i cannot find the 4.2 version.

This is correct, 4.2 has not been released yet

> I’ve tried to install PowerDNS AUTH Debian package from branch
> ‘master’ using the guide below (official powerdns repository) :
> ....> libmaxminddb support not compiled in
>
> It’s clear : mmdb (GeoIP2 new Maxmind format) file is not supported
> because the library libmaxminddb  was not compiled in PowerDNS master
> branch package.

This is planned for the future, we have been working on our packaging
infrastructure and the future packages will have this. Unfortunately,
there hasn't been time to finish all this.

> I have tried compiling (./configure make make install) from Git source
> (always on the master branch) and it works !

Good to hear that it does work for you once you've compiled it yourself.

Best regards,

Pieter

--
Pieter Lexis