[Pdns-users] PDNS-recursor as transparent proxy, fails for outside NS servers

Michał Zając michal.zajac at dreamcommerce.com
Thu Sep 20 19:57:24 UTC 2018

Hi *.

    I'll commit a shameless bump, but maybe someone will throw an
idea. So I need to modify (probably by lua) some answers from pdns
server, but after MySQL backend returns it, not before. And as we
established, I cannot use:
    - pure pdns server, because it doesn't have lua action to modify answers,
    - dnsdist, because it can create reply in lua via
"DNSAction.Spoof", but cannot modify answer given from it's backend
(pdns server),
    - pdns-recursor with pdns backend via forward-zones=, because it
doesn't work with NS records pointing outside for subdomains.

    Any ideas?

--
Greets, Michał Zając