[Pdns-users] Recursor to Respond Authoritatively for all Queries

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Wed Oct 17 15:49:28 UTC 2018

On 17/10/2018 17:58, Asanka Gunasekara wrote:
> Now, my question is, is there a way for me to serve two different
> addresses for records depending on the interface the request came
> from? This way I might be able to reply with private IPs for internal
> requests and a different IP for external requests.

You could have two different auth servers: one with the internal view,
one with the external.  On your recursor you woud forward the domain to
the internal auth server.

I'm afraid I don't know if there's a better way than that with
PowerDNS.  I strongly avoid split DNS because of all the problems it causes.