[Pdns-users] Two sqlite backends, only one getting queried

LordEidi lordeidi at swordlord.com
Wed Oct 17 11:52:19 UTC 2018

Hi list

I am playing around with PowerDNS in version 4.0.3 (actually
4.0.3-1+deb9u2, Debian stable package).

I configured two sqlite3 backends, correctly with separate config names
and containing different zones as well as records.

PowerDNS starts and runs without an error. But when queried I only get
answers to records which are in the first sqlite DB. The content of the
second DB is completely ignored. No error in the logs. There is also no
zone info when using the cli tool to check the status of pdns.

I read somewhere that the slite backend is somewhat unstable, especially
when using multiple sqlite based backends. My search engine of choice
wasn't able to find any other link to a helpful page.

Any hints what's the problem? Is the Debian package somewhat old and
this is a known bug which was fixed in a newer PowerDNS version? Or is
there some trick when using multiple sqlite backends?

Cheers,
Eidi