[Pdns-users] Two sqlite backends, only one getting queried

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Wed Oct 17 12:34:29 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 01:52:19PM +0200, LordEidi wrote:
> PowerDNS starts and runs without an error. But when queried I only get
> answers to records which are in the first sqlite DB. The content of the
> second DB is completely ignored. No error in the logs. There is also no zone
> info when using the cli tool to check the status of pdns.

Can you show your configuration, without editing?

Additionally, check if you have a . SOA in your first database. Once
PowerDNS finds an applicable SOA in a database, it will not study secondary
ones.

> Any hints what's the problem? Is the Debian package somewhat old and this is
> a known bug which was fixed in a newer PowerDNS version? Or is there some
> trick when using multiple sqlite backends?

We have done some work to make it better. https://repo.powerdns.com has
packages you can use to test.

In general, it will work as long as there is no overlap in zones between the
two backends.

	Bert