[Pdns-users] About SOA-EDIT AND SOA-EDI-API

Aki Tuomi cmouse at cmouse.fi
Tue Jan 23 07:38:08 UTC 2018

|"soa_edit_api| MAY be set. If it is set, on changes to the contents of
a zone made through the API, the SOA record will be edited according to
the SOA-EDIT-API rules." (https://doc.powerdns.com/md/httpapi/api_spec/)

SOA-EDIT: When serving this zone, modify the SOA serial number in one of
several ways. Mostly useful to get slaves to re-transfer a zone
regularly to get fresh RRSIGs.
(https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/domainmetadata/#soa-edit)

Aki