[Pdns-users] SRV records - wow, hounded for payment already?

NoBloat bloat at grounded.net
Sun Mar 5 17:22:02 UTC 2017

Wow, only a few days into trying pdns and I'm getting hounded about buying support and being given a hard time about wanting to remain anonymous which most anyone should want to anyhow.

Yes, DNS records are public but I don't have to say which domains I'm working on in mailing lists or forums if I don't want to and you don't have to help if you don't want to. No one is forcing anyone to help anyone so why even point such a lame thing out. Just don't help then.

As I have said, pdns is new to me, I've used to using BIND for many years. I cannot jump into paying for support when I am simply trying to make a case to my bosses that maybe they should consider using this product for their enterprise networks, they would think I am a fool for suggesting this without even playing with it for a while first to make my case.

I'll either go back to BIND if I will continuously be told such things when asking for basic help or I'll find one of our devs who knows the product. I just wanted to get some hands on time with it first.