[Pdns-users] SRV records do not transfer correctly

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sat Mar 4 22:48:40 UTC 2017

On 04/03/2017 18:56, NoBloat wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'what form of replication'. What information could I give which would answer this?

Well, you could give the type of replication you have configured!

See:
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/modes-of-operation/

If you are using pdns with mysql backend, then I'd say the best way is
to use native mysql replication between the backends.

You can do zone transfers instead, but it requires more configuration,
as described in the page linked above.

> In terms of obfuscating, sorry but all I obfuscated was the actually domain name. The rest of the records show clearly. I cannot post private information which I do not own.

The DNS is a public database.

The support policy for powerdns is clear, and Bert pointed you to it
already:

https://blog.powerdns.com/2016/01/18/open-source-support-out-in-the-open/

Basicaly: if you want private support, you can pay for it.  If you want free
support, then you publish the information about the domain you are
having problems with, without obfuscation.

Most of your questions could be answered in a few seconds if you gave the actual domains
and we could send queries to your servers.