[Pdns-users] Where is the database schema?

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Thu Mar 2 10:10:23 UTC 2017

On 01/03/2017 23:38, NoBloat wrote:
> Actually, I've now decided that I will create a two server setup.
> A master slave setup to replicate records and have DNS redundancy.
> Once I have these working, I'll point GoDaddy to my DNS servers and disable theirs.
Even if you build your own secondary, I'd strongly recommend you keep
godaddy as additional secondaries.

If you are running with only two nameservers they should be on two
completely different Internet backbones, and preferably in two different
continents, otherwise your DNS will not be reliable.  Read RFC2182 for a
full explanation.

Godaddy run much bigger and better nameservers than you can.  So the
ideal setup is you have at least one of your own, plus all of Godaddy's,
listed in the NS records.

Then Godaddy will take much of the normal load, but in the event that
all Godaddy's service goes down at once (possible due to a DoS attack),
then you will still be serving your domain from your own nameserver.

HTH,

Brian.