[Pdns-users] Where is the database schema?

NoBloat bloat at grounded.net
Tue Feb 28 21:20:18 UTC 2017

>> 2: is there a way of adding/updating/removing records from the command line without using mysql?
>Yes, see "pdnsutil":

>$ pdnsutil add-record
>Syntax: pdnsutil add-record ZONE name type [ttl] "content" ["content"...]
>and/or you can use the REST API.

Nice. Thanks.

So, the only part I need to understand next is as follows.

I have installed a master server.

In my case, I already use godaddy's DNS servers as they suit the purpose. However, I don't want to constantly have to log into GD to change records as I am dealing with a significantly large number of remote devices using dynamic IPs.

I always know their IPs so don't want to use a ddns service and instead, simply want to auto update the pdns server's db with the IPs of the devices I need to reach.

The static dns records would remain on godaddy, the static ones are those I'd like to use pdns to propagate the constantly changing dynamic IPs of our devices.

I do not want to allow remote resolve using this dns server but it would be useful if I could allow it from the lan side at least since the dns server is there so, why not use it.

I am not sure that I can use dns in this manner. I've always only ever had all of the records in one set of dns servers such as master/slave.