[Pdns-users] [Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Lua/GSLB records: we need your feedback

Marco Davids (Private) mdavids at forfun.net
Fri Dec 15 15:43:20 UTC 2017

Hi,
On 15/12/2017 10:30, bert hubert wrote:

>  We are happy to share a new development with you, one that we hinted
>  at over a year ago: Lua resource records.

Great stuff!

> In this post, we ask for your help: did
> we get the feature right?  Are we missing important things?

I was wondering; would it be useful if LUA was able to influence the TTL
of the DNS-answer? I believe that is not possible at the moment?

So, "TXT 600.something.lua.powerdns.org" would return:

600 IN TXT "succes"

whereas "TXT 3600.something.lua.powerdns.org" would return:

3600 IN TXT "succes"

Maybe this also applies to other parts of the synthesized LUA reply.
Fiddling with RCODE comes to mind:

TXT 5.rcode.lua.powerdns.org

will return a SERVFAIL ;-)

Stuff like that...?