[Pdns-users] CAA records again

Curtis Maurand curtis at maurand.com
Tue Aug 15 10:42:39 UTC 2017

On 8/14/2017 5:42 PM, Curtis Maurand wrote:
> Apologies, running 4.04 and recursor 4.06. compiled from source.
> waiting for mysqloptimize to finish (18 hours and counting) so that I
> can restart the mariadb server.  It's been running since last night.
> I have another problem around the binlog_format that I can't do
> anything without restarting mariadb.  Checkzone came back with a
> couple of errors, but I can't rectify the zone.
>
> I'll keep you posted.  this check is taking way longer than it ever has.
>
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM, bert hubert <bert.hubert at powerdns.com
> <mailto:bert.hubert at powerdns.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 03:41:45PM -0400, Curtis Maurand wrote:
>     > Yesterday, I had caa records working.  At least the server was
>     returning
>     > something.  In my work to get dnssec working, I've managed bread CAA
>     > support somehow.  Now,even though the record exists, the server
>     does not
>     > return a response.
>
>     Please at all times state which exact version of PowerDNS you are
>     running.
>
>     Can you also show the output of pdnsutil check-zone xyonet.com
>     <http://xyonet.com> ?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>             Bert

Sorry about top posting (gmail).  anyway, after getting mariadb
restarted and doing "pdnsutil rectify-all-zones, " I get this:

root at deacon:/var/log# pdnsutil check-zone xyonet.com
Checked 31 records of 'xyonet.com', 0 errors, 0 warnings.

so the combo is pdns-server 4.0.4, pdns-recursor 4.0.6 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Thanks,
Curtis

--
Curtis Maurand