[Pdns-users] [SOLVED] CAA records again

Curtis Maurand curtis at maurand.com
Tue Aug 15 11:55:58 UTC 2017

On 8/15/2017 6:42 AM, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> On 8/14/2017 5:42 PM, Curtis Maurand wrote:
>> Apologies, running 4.04 and recursor 4.06. compiled from source.
>> waiting for mysqloptimize to finish (18 hours and counting) so that I
>> can restart the mariadb server.  It's been running since last night.
>> I have another problem around the binlog_format that I can't do
>> anything without restarting mariadb.  Checkzone came back with a
>> couple of errors, but I can't rectify the zone.
>>
>> I'll keep you posted.  this check is taking way longer than it ever has.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM, bert hubert
>> <bert.hubert at powerdns.com <mailto:bert.hubert at powerdns.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 03:41:45PM -0400, Curtis Maurand wrote:
>>     > Yesterday, I had caa records working.  At least the server was
>>     returning
>>     > something.  In my work to get dnssec working, I've managed
>>     bread CAA
>>     > support somehow.  Now,even though the record exists, the server
>>     does not
>>     > return a response.
>>
>>     Please at all times state which exact version of PowerDNS you are
>>     running.
>>
>>     Can you also show the output of pdnsutil check-zone xyonet.com
>>     <http://xyonet.com> ?
>>
>>     Thanks!
>>
>>             Bert
>>

> Sorry about top posting (gmail).  anyway, after getting mariadb
> restarted and doing "pdnsutil rectify-all-zones, " I get this:
>
> root at deacon:/var/log# pdnsutil check-zone xyonet.com
> Checked 31 records of 'xyonet.com', 0 errors, 0 warnings.
>
> so the combo is pdns-server 4.0.4, pdns-recursor 4.0.6 on Ubuntu 14.04
> LTS.  tps://mailman.powerdns.com/mailman/listinfo/pdns-users

OK, the online CAA testers aren't seeing all of it, but I think it's
working, at least for one host.

https://caatest.co.uk/deacon.xyonet.com
gives
|✔ All looks good
---
0 issue "letsencrypt.org"

That just tells me there's a problem with the other record, but in
general it's returning records properly and, at least someone in the UK
can see it.  :-)

|Thanks for your help
--Curtis

--