[Pdns-users] Re: pdns-recursor 4.0.0alpha1 crashes at startup

pieter.lexis at powerdns.com pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Fri Jan 29 09:24:21 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:05:47 +0100
Bit World Computing - Michael Mertel <michael.mertel at bwc.de> wrote:

> I was able to track it down to the configuration parameters forward-zones-file and forward-zones-recurse. This configuration was working for ages:
>
> forward-zones-file=/etc/powerdns/forward-zones
> forward-zones-recurse=.=8.8.8.8
>
> No matter if I enable both, either the first or the second the recursor crashes if a zone is served following these forward rules.

Forward-zones is indeed broken in alpha1. This[1] pull requests fixes this and will be part of alpha2. If you want to test the current master branch, which will become alpha2 in time, you can get packages from our repo[2].

Best regards,

Pieter

1 - https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/3244
2 - https://repo.powerdns.com/