[Pdns-users] Re: pdns-recursor 4.0.0alpha1 crashes at startup

michael.mertel at bwc.de michael.mertel at bwc.de
Sat Jan 30 10:19:19 UTC 2016

Hello Pieter,

thanks for the clarification, the master branch fixed the problem indeed, but it crashes very often.

For some odd reason I¿am not able to do a wget from http://download.powerdns.com, it complains about not being able to resolve the name, but a 'host download.powerdns.com' returns successfully. I changed my dns from local recursor to 8.8.8.8 in /etc/resolv.conf and the problem with wget went away.

Meanwhile I returned to 3.7.3, but I will give it another shot later because of the DNSSEC functionality.

¿Michael