[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor 4.0.0alpha1 crashes at startup

michael.mertel at bwc.de michael.mertel at bwc.de
Fri Jan 29 09:05:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

I upgraded my existing installation of pdns-recursor to 4.0.0alpha1 on Ubuntu 14.04, and with my old configuration the recursor crashes right after startup.

I was able to track it down to the configuration parameters forward-zones-file and forward-zones-recurse. This configuration was working for ages:

forward-zones-file=/etc/powerdns/forward-zones
forward-zones-recurse=.=8.8.8.8

No matter if I enable both, either the first or the second the recursor crashes if a zone is served following these forward rules.

Is this a known bug?

¿Michael