[Pdns-users] Comments requested regarding autoserial

David Jones djones at ena.com
Tue Jul 14 12:39:32 UTC 2015

I use Python to update the pdns database from other sources and it has to calculate and update the serial.  We use PowerAdmin as well which does the same thing.  It would be better if this were internal to pdns to centralize it for consistency.  We may end up writing our own web administration front end and this would be one less thing to deal with in our code.  It would be very beneficial to the HTTP API users too.  There are some new web admin tools out there starting to use the HTTP API to be database agnostic which would benefit from the serial being handled internally.
Thanks for the great software,
Dave