[Pdns-users] Currently using distro packages, want to update

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Feb 12 15:22:57 UTC 2015

Nick Williams wrote:
> I try to always use software packages from my distro package managers (OpenSUSE zypper and CentOS yum) when I can, because it's easier and it resolves all my dependencies for me.
>
> But my distro

Which is your distro? Vendor and exact version number?

For openSUSE I'm trying to keep up with powerdns releases and my submissions
most times end up here pretty soon:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:dns/pdns
(currently pdns-3.4.2)

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:dns/pdns-recursor
(currently pdns-recursor-3.6.2, 3.7.1 is in my home project but not built yet)

Sooner or later this will be passed downstream in openSUSE Factory for the
next openSUSE release.

You can see here which platforms are enabled for default builds:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/repositories/server:dns

There you will also find the direct download links to zypper repo for your
openSUSE version.  In my OBS home project I'm also building openSUSE
Factory_ARM for running the packages on rasperry pi.

Ciao, Michael.