[Pdns-users] Delegated sub-domain behaviour

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Wed Jul 23 08:53:06 UTC 2014

You probably want to either setup a recursor in front of your auth (recommended) or use recursor=ip.of.recursor in pdns.conf

pdns authoritative server does not recurse by default. to get same functionality as your windows dns server, i do recommend putting recursor in front of the
auth server, and configure forward-zones setting for the auth domains. it won't be as automatic, but it works better.

Aki