[Pdns-users] pdns_server and pdns_recursor do not get along

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 05:26:25 UTC 2014

pdns_server log:

DNS Proxy launched, local port 26838, remote 127.0.0.1:5300
Master/slave communicator launching
Creating backend connection for TCP
Fatal error in control listener: Guardian exited - going down as well
About to create 3 backend threads for UDP
No new unfresh slave domains, 0 queued for AXFR already
No master domains need notifications
Done launching threads, ready to distribute questions

Discarding untracked packet from recursor backend with id 26728. Conntrack table size=1
Discarding untracked packet from recursor backend with id 26728. Conntrack table size=2
Discarding untracked packet from recursor backend with id 26728. Conntrack table size=3

However, if I query pdns_recursor on port 5300, I get answers back; the recursor appears to work,
and it appears to work correctly, but when I query through pdns_server, I see the above in the log.
What does the above message mean? I am not getting any answers from pdns_server.

pdns_server is running on Solaris 10 sparc.