[Pdns-users] pdns_server and pdns_recursor do not get along

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Feb 13 12:22:42 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 13 Feb 2014, at 6:26 , a b <tripivceta at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Discarding untracked packet from recursor backend with id 26728. Conntrack table size=1
> Discarding untracked packet from recursor backend with id 26728. Conntrack table size=2
> Discarding untracked packet from recursor backend with id 26728. Conntrack table size=3
>
> However, if I query pdns_recursor on port 5300, I get answers back; the recursor appears to work,
> and it appears to work correctly, but when I query through pdns_server, I see the above in the log.
> What does the above message mean? I am not getting any answers from pdns_server.
>
> pdns_server is running on Solaris 10 sparc.

Can you tcpdump the interaction between pdns_server and pdns_recursor, especially the DNS query IDs? I have a hunch about endianness but I can’t verify for myself right now.

Please again include the Discarding-message, so we can compare the ID in the error to the IDs in the packet dump.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/