[Pdns-users] Question regarding the additional section

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Sep 3 07:11:01 UTC 2012

Hello Seema,

please don't post to both lists. We'd rather have a question on the wrong list than a thread split between both lists.

On Sep 3, 2012, at 7:33 , Seema Datar wrote:

> I had a question regarding the MSG size in PDNS v3. I see that when the
> query does not result in an answer section, the ADDITONAL section is
> complete with all the entries and the MSG size happens to be 437. However,
> when the answer section exists, it skips some of the entries in the
> ADDITIONAL section and the total MSG size is limited to 477.
>
> I did not see this behavior in PDNS v2. The question is, in the v3 version,
> is the message size being limited which results in certain entries being
> skipped in the ADDITIONAL section?

I'd be happy to look into this, but it would help if you had concrete examples, preferably from the same zone. Can you provide this?

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/