[Pdns-users] Strange pdns-recursor crash

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Sep 3 07:20:13 UTC 2012

Hello John,

On Sep 1, 2012, at 0:00 , John Miller wrote:

> I've attached statistics logs from the day of the crash; we're seeing somewhere between 100 and 300 qps on ns1 and 25 to 100 qps on ns2.  Any thoughts on what would cause two nameservers to lock up simultaneously?  Anyone experienced anything similar?

This does not sound familiar to us. Usually, unexplained crashes are related to out of memory situations, but your caches did not seem to be the same size at the point of crash. However, if you can keep an eye on memory use (perhaps with some graphs), that might provide some clues for the future.

Please post again if you see more crashes!

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/