[Pdns-users] Question regarding the additional section

Seema Datar sdatar at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Sep 3 05:33:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I had a question regarding the MSG size in PDNS v3. I see that when the
query does not result in an answer section, the ADDITONAL section is
complete with all the entries and the MSG size happens to be 437. However,
when the answer section exists, it skips some of the entries in the
ADDITIONAL section and the total MSG size is limited to 477.

I did not see this behavior in PDNS v2. The question is, in the v3 version,
is the message size being limited which results in certain entries being
skipped in the ADDITIONAL section?

Thanks,
Seema