[Pdns-users] PowerDNS 2.9.22.6 does not contain changeset 2217

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Dec 13 08:49:13 UTC 2012

Hello Chuyen,

On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:47 , Vo Dai Chuyen wrote:

> Well, powerdns 3.1 is strict indeed,
>
> After check-all-zones, all my zones report the same error:
>
> Following record had a problem: abc.com IN SOA ns1.xyz.com dns-admin.xyz.com 2012120702
> Error was: Parsing record content: missing field at the end of record content 'ns1.xyz.com. dns-admin.xyz.com. 2012120702'
> Checked 6 records of 'abc.com', 1 errors
>
> So do I have to fill exactly all SOA fields as describe in http://doc.powerdns.com/types.html or it does not matter if I don't use DNSSEC and my SOA  just contains types as written here: http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/wiki/fields

If I recall correctly, this is actually a bug in pdnssec in 3.1 - it does not automatically fill out SOA records the way pdns_server does. It should be fine!

If you want to feel certain about this, upgrade to 3.2-rc1, or at least try pdnssec from 3.2-rc1.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/