[Pdns-users] MongoDB Backend merged Re: Mongo DB and PowerDNS part 3: Now with DNSSEC

fredrik danerklint fredan-pdns at fredan.org
Wed May 25 20:25:03 UTC 2011

Nikolas,

PowerDNS ask each backend for domains which has a different 'notified_serial'
than 'serial' for the domain.

This function is called getUpdatedMasters(vector<DomainInfo>* domains) and
exists in the source file 'master.cc' for MongoDB backend.

What PowerDNS except after a call to this function is a list of all domains
that has a different serialnumber than notified serialnumber.

Every backend can implement this functionallity differently since PowerDNS
does not know how the information about a domain is stored.

The good part that you asked about this is that I (you!) found a bug which
would not fill out the domains that has a different serial number against the
real serial number. I've sent Bert a patch to be included in the source code
to fix this.

--
//fredan