[Pdns-users] MongoDB Backend merged Re: Mongo DB and PowerDNS part 3: Now with DNSSEC

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Wed May 25 19:03:59 UTC 2011

On 14/4/2011 9:30 ΌΌ, bert hubert wrote:

> Hi Fredrik,
> I have just merged it with the build system based on your latest version. It
> is part of build 2163, and will be shipped as 'experimental' with version
> 3.0.

Hi Fredrik and all,

I see here: http://doc.powerdns.com/mongo.html that pdns/mongodb
supports Master functionality. I assume this means that it detects zone
serial changes and sends Notify messages as needed (and then sends AXFR
as requested by slaves).

My question is: how to you implement this functionality (conceptually),
since Mongo DB (as far as I know) doesn't support triggers?

Can you provide some feedback on this please?

Thanks,
Nick