[Pdns-users] Configure PowerDNS recursor as NON RECURSIVE

davis_jira davis.jira at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:28:55 UTC 2011

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reply. It helped a lot to clear my confusion. I still have a
question regarding pdns-server. How does it perform the query lookup?
For eg: I query for host google.com 127.0.0.1  ... if this entry is in the
database .. it returns the answer from database look up.
But if the entry is not in the database and pdns-recursor is configured, it
will perform the recursive lookup and return the answer.
But what if pdns-recursor is not configure ?

At this time I am working on configuring the pdns-server, hope I get it
correct.

Thanks.

Regards