[Pdns-users] how do query the recursor cache to see what's in it?

Alfred B. M. Cordero otto-pilot at hushmail.com
Thu Mar 10 20:32:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:52:02 -0800 Kenneth Marshall <ktm at rice.edu>
wrote:
>It should definitely use its own cache. I did not get a result
>for pop.example.com from DNS so I cannot help with that. Whether
>or not a new query is made, depends upon the TTL for the record
>at the very least. We would need to see actual examples to be
>able to offer more.

The example.com domain was used as example. I haven't seen TTL
small as 10 minutes. But only haven't seen and probably exists.

But not in our case. I will reply back with something.

example.com is owned by IANA, it's not real, it's only an example
domain. Amusing to see what tries to talk to the example.com site.