[Pdns-users] PowerDNS also-notify support

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:33:02 UTC 2011

Hello,

answering my own question, it would appear this has been implemented in
the `domainmetadata' table:

        SELECT * FROM domainmetadata WHERE domain_id = 4;
        +----+-----------+-----------------+--------------------------+
        | id | domain_id | kind            | content                  |
        | 78 |         4 | ALSO-NOTIFY     | 1.2.3.4                  |

After an AXFR I note the following entry in the log:

        Queued also-notification of domain 'jpmens.org' to 1.2.3.4

Is there a way to fully override PowerDNS' NOTIFY mechanism with
something like an "only-notify" ?

Thank you.

        -JP