[Pdns-users] Strange time drift in log

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Sat Sep 4 12:48:05 UTC 2010

  Thanks Derrik for your reply,

But no, I am not running chroot'ed.

I did, however, tried copying the /etc/localtime file to /etc/pdns
(which is the directory where pdns.conf lies), but the same problem occurs.

This is strange. How can the same daemon send messages with a different
timezone now and then? Or is it a separate daemon (child process)
producing the erroneously-timed messages (I don't know exactly pdns
internals)? If so, then perhaps this daemon (a child process?) is not
"reading" system time correctly.

In any case, /etc/localtime is world-readable.

Any other ideas?

Nick