[Pdns-users] Strange time drift in log

Derrik Pates demon at devrandom.net
Fri Sep 3 22:25:34 UTC 2010

On 09/03/2010 12:18 AM, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> I'm running PDNS 2.9.22 and Recursor 3.1.5 (as packaged for CentOS 5) on
> CentOS 5.5.
>
> In log, I always notice many (actually most) log entries with -3 hours
> (exactly) timestamp (I have changed the IP addresses):

What timezone are you in? My guess would be that you're running PowerDNS
chroot'ed, and the log messages you're seeing with the -3hr time offset
are from the process running chroot'ed.

> So, some of the entries in the log have correct local time, but others
> (most of them) are seemingly using the GMT time (which is local summer
> time -3h).

If you're running chroot'ed, copy your system's /etc/timezone into the
chroot base directory. That should solve the problem for you.

--
Derrik Pates
demon at devrandom.net