[Pdns-users] Strange time drift in log

Christian Hofstaedtler ch at zeha.at
Sat Sep 4 21:50:53 UTC 2010

Nikolas,

* Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at admin.noa.gr> [100903 08:18]:
>  Hi,
>
> I'm running PDNS 2.9.22 and Recursor 3.1.5 (as packaged for CentOS
> 5) on CentOS 5.5.
>
> In log, I always notice many (actually most) log entries with -3
> hours (exactly) timestamp (I have changed the IP addresses):
[..]

glibc does not provide programs (incl. pdns) with a way of saying
'I want this logged with another timezone'. Therefore it's quite
unlikely that the problem lies inside pdns, but it might be a local
configuration problem or a problem with your syslog daemon. (Or
something completely different.)

If this is a problem which only happens with pdns, it might be worth
figuring out which threads appear to send log messages with the wrong
timezone.

  Christian

--
christian hofstaedtler