[Pdns-users] NOTIFY by pdns master with ldap backend in next authoritative server releases?

Jan-Piet Mens jp at mens.de
Fri Oct 1 15:50:47 UTC 2010

> Changing the SOA serial doesn't seem to trigger any NOTIFY to NS Servers
> defined for the zone.
>
> Also, I see no sign of logging anywhere...
>
> It's as if the configuration statement included in slapd.conf is accepted,
> but never doing something.

No hints really, as I haven't used that bit for some time. It worked for
me once without problems at all. I'd try the following:

1. Ensure the slapi plugin is indeed being loaded by your slapd. (Check
   the slapd log.)
2. Ensure you've compiled slapi-plugin with WITH_SYSLOG defined, or it
   won't log.
3. I assume you've started the notify-dns-slaves daemon? That is the one
   which will send out the NOTIFY.
4. Once again, check the logs (var/log/messages); there must be
   something there...

Good luck,
        -JP