[Pdns-users] Possible tcp listener issue

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Thu Mar 25 18:19:49 UTC 2010

On 03/25/2010 05:54 PM, Laurent Papier wrote:
> Le Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:51:29 +0000
> Simon Bedford<sbedford at plus.net>  écrit:
>

>> Guys,
>>
>> We have upgraded our customer caching name servers to pdns recursor 3.2
>> (which is working very well), this has now been running for 4 days but
>> in the last 24 hours we have seen the tcp listener stop answering
>> queries on 2 seperate servers.  Our monitoring servers flag this up for
>> us and restarting the recursor fixes it.
>>
>> Now I know tcp isn't used that much but I was wondering if anyone else
>> has experienced this, due to the size of the logs we would generate we
>> have the quiet option set to yes in the config so only get basic logging
>> (which showed nothing out of the ordinary).
>>
> Hi,
> I have also upgraded to pdns recursor 3.2 yesterday. And today, I have a strange
> problem on some of my systems. It seems be related to tcp DNS as the only thing
> that stopped working is using tcp dns queries. The rest of the system worked
> fine.
>
> I have restarted pdns recursor and it fixes the problem.
>
> I will do further testing if the problem happened again.

Hello Simon and Laurant,

Now I don't know anything about this issue specifically, but it's customary
to provide some extra information when reporting bugs, what OS and
OS version are you using for example ?

Did you download a Linux-distribution binary ? What kernel version are
you using ?

Or did you build from an updated BSD-ports. Did you do your own build ?
If so, what compiler did you use ? And so on.

Some information would be better then no information. :-)

Just so you know.

Have a nice day,
     Leen.