[Pdns-users] Possible tcp listener issue

Laurent Papier papier at sdv.fr
Thu Mar 25 16:54:23 UTC 2010

Le Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:51:29 +0000
Simon Bedford <sbedford at plus.net> écrit:

> Guys,
>
> We have upgraded our customer caching name servers to pdns recursor 3.2
> (which is working very well), this has now been running for 4 days but
> in the last 24 hours we have seen the tcp listener stop answering
> queries on 2 seperate servers.  Our monitoring servers flag this up for
> us and restarting the recursor fixes it.
>
> Now I know tcp isn't used that much but I was wondering if anyone else
> has experienced this, due to the size of the logs we would generate we
> have the quiet option set to yes in the config so only get basic logging
> (which showed nothing out of the ordinary).

Hi,
I have also upgraded to pdns recursor 3.2 yesterday. And today, I have a strange
problem on some of my systems. It seems be related to tcp DNS as the only thing
that stopped working is using tcp dns queries. The rest of the system worked
fine.

I have restarted pdns recursor and it fixes the problem.

I will do further testing if the problem happened again.

--
Laurent Papier - 03 88 75 80 50
Admin. système - SdV Plurimedia - <http://www.sdv.fr/>