[Pdns-users] pdns master question

Liong Kok Foo kokfoo.liong at innity.com
Fri Jan 29 02:06:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Curtis. Now I know about AXFR.

But my question is,
1) I have set the pdns as master but how do I update the slaves
normally?  Do I tell master where is the slaves or do I tell the slaves
who is their master? Sorry...cause the docs only said about setting
master=yes but did not explain after that.

In bind, there in the named.conf file that specifiy allow update from
11.11.11.11 (slave IP). Then in the slave, I specify the master. Does it
work the same for pdns? If so, where do I specify "allow update" in pdns?

2) Is there any more detailed docs on setting up master/slave for pdns?
So far all the tutorials I see are only mentioning db replication.

Liong Kok Foo
System Administrator

Innity Sdn Bhd
Office: +603 7880 5611