[Pdns-users] Reliable supermaster setup - howto?

Przemyslaw Wegrzyn czajnik at sitenet.pl
Fri Oct 23 13:00:08 UTC 2009

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> The supermaster functionality works well for this. If you are using
> PostgreSQL as the DB backend, you may want to consider using the
> patch I posted to PDNS giving you the option to configure the zone
> commit command. This allows you to use temporary tables to optimize
> zone updates on the slaves. There are several samples included with
> the patch.

This leaves my initial  question unanswered - how does such setup
recover from lost notifications from supermaster to slave?

As of PostgreSQL - my idea was to use PostgreSQL on master, and SQLite
on slave, for simplicity, but that would render your patch useless,
unfortunately. Where can I find the patch?

Cheers,
Przemek