[Pdns-users] Reliable supermaster setup - howto?

Przemyslaw Wegrzyn czajnik at sitenet.pl
Fri Oct 23 11:47:54 UTC 2009

Angel Bosch Mora wrote:

> forget about all this master-propagates-slaves stuff.

It's behaving so badly, or is unreliable, or not supported by
developers, or... ?
> i use ldap backend and i have lot of 389 Directory Servers replicated. to fire up a new DNS server i just have to copy the confs and start the daemon.
>
> you can do that with mysql, oracle or even create your own replicated backend.

PostgreSQL is our database of choice. I'd need to evaluate existing
replication possibilities or   go with something custom.

Well, actually, propagating the list of domains would do, I expect PDNS
slave to handle zone transfers properly after all.
> just unBIND your point of view ;)

Definitely :)

Regards,
Przemek