[Fwd: Re: [Pdns-users] Re: Supermaster without NS records]

Ton van Rosmalen ton at netbase.nl
Thu May 14 16:12:00 UTC 2009

Forward to list.

-------- Originele bericht --------
Onderwerp: 	Re: [Pdns-users] Re: Supermaster without NS records
Datum: 	Thu, 14 May 2009 18:10:07 +0200
Van: 	Ton van Rosmalen <ton at netbase.nl>
Aan: 	Lee Huffman <lee at shiftedlabs.com>
Referenties: 	<4A0B7BAB.6030206 at shiftedlabs.com>
<4A0B7F24.7000504 at shiftedlabs.com> <4A0C2ACF.80208 at shiftedlabs.com>

Hi Lee,

Lee Huffman schreef:
> It looks like I may have been incorrect. Things blew up on me last
> night after I switched everything over. Our shared hosting server is
> sending notifies properly..
>
> named[12308]: zone X.com/IN/external: sending notifies (serial
> 2009032809)
>
> But on ns1 I'm seeing the following..
>
> pdns[2365]: Received NOTIFY for X.com from X.201.44.3 which is not a
> master
>
> Yet our shared hosting machine is listed in the supermasters table..
>
> mysql> select * from pdns.supermasters;
> +-------------+---------------------+---------+
> | ip          | nameserver          | account |
> +-------------+---------------------+---------+
> | X.201.44.3 | X.com | NULL    |
> +-------------+---------------------+---------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> Any ideas why this would be taking place? I'm really at a loss as to
> where I've gone wrong at this point.
I have the following entry in my supermasters table
+---------------+--------------------+----------+
| ip            | nameserver         | account  |
| <supermaster ip> | <primary ns as in SOA>     | internal |

In your case, I think, the only change necessary is the nameserver-field
needs to be adjusted
to the name of the primary nameserver as it exists in the SOA-record e.g.
ns1.X.com

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

Ton