[Pdns-users] STL error

Johan Kooijman jkooijman at jkit.nl
Sun Mar 8 12:08:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

> Hmm, I'm no expert, but looking at the error and code, I would say,
> your TCP-connection to the PowerDNS died.

My guess too.

> TCP is different from the normal UDP-packets used by DNS.
>
> If this is a new installation, you are possible setting it up in an
> environment where you might not need a firewall on that server,
> could you disable it and test it again ? It looks like PowerDNS
> is not able to push any packets out to your dig-client. If I were
> to guess, I would say PowerDNS is not receiving the TCP-ACK-packets.

That's the strange thing: there is no firewall running on this
machine. I tried adding the listen-address option in pdns.conf, no
luck. I did a tcpdump on it's interface when I did the dig, result is
here: http://pastebin.com/m746248ae

Any other suggestions?

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Johan Kooijman
JK IT - Communication at the speed of life

jkooijman at jkit.nl
http://www.jkit.nl

Tel.: +31 (0)76 - 71 10 271
Fax : +31 (0)76 - 20 11 179